Customer Service Representative (TELLER, Full Time)
Provides basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with financial institution procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of cash handling experience.
- Over 1 year of teller experience at bank or credit union preferred.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and computer.
Specific Job Functions:
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Promotes and explains other financial institution services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, traveler’s checks and money orders.
- Cross Sell Patriot Bank products and services through referrals to Personal Bankers.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Cashes check from a variety of accounts upon proper verification.
- Issues traveler’s checks, money orders and U.S. Savings Bonds: Bond Redemption, cash advances, and Cashier’s check.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances ATM.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Is responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Full Time — 40 hrs