Loan Accounting Specialist
Reconciles loan related general ledger accounts, process all loan payments, advances, and wire transfers.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of loan core system.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes related to loan servicing.
- Intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Windows (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Good organizational, analytical multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of all loan related general ledger accounts, including the loan clearing account, loan un-posted account, loans in process account, CLM, DDA account, and loan remittance account.
- Reconcile and post all credit and debit entries to the loan core system, as requested through the CLM platform.
- Process all loan payments and loan advances, including payments received from 3rd party servicers and all advances requested through Patriot Bank Mortgage.
- Responsible for preparing and processing statements and payments for SWAP transactions and Unused Commitment fees.
- Responsible for all loan participations, including payments, advances, correspondence, and balancing.
- Process all incoming loan related wire transfers.
- File maintain loans on core system including billing corrections, payment schedules, reversal entries, waived late charges, interest adjustments and AFT or ACH payment processing, etc.
- Responsible for credit rating changes, including non-accrual processing, and charge off requests.
- Create periodic queries from loan core system to determine data entry errors and corrects any loans with negative amortization, rate, date, or other errors;
- Provide customer service through phone and email requests, including change of address notifications, payoff quotes, and routine inquiries.
- Responsible for annual Escrow Analysis and monthly Escrow Disbursements.
- Responsible for research for Credit Bureau Disputes and providing responses whether via
- E-Oscar, email and/or mail.
- Scanning of daily work to bank’s image system.
- Employee adheres to all regulatory policies such as BSA, CIP, IT, etc.
- Other related duties as requested or assigned.