Commercial Loan Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in credit and lending.
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated sales, organizational, and loan documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiates business relationships and identifies qualified borrowers to solicit commercial loan applications and banking services with Patriot Bank
- Exercises strong credit skills and ensures compliance with all regulatory and Bank policies in support of sound lending practices
- Analyzes and screens loan requests for all types of loans
- Meets and exceeds loan and deposit goals in accordance with department expectations
- Presents requests to management when the proposed loan is beyond departmental lending authority.
- Packages loans and recommends loan terms and conditions.
- Oversees and initiates interest rate and loan structures that are most beneficial to the financial institution.
- Manages large or complex commercial loans, as needed, and counsels loan customers on loan management and beneficial financial strategies.
- Prepares lending activity reports for financial institution officers and the Board of Directors.
- Implements and adheres to departmental operating policies and procedures and submits reports to management for approval.
- Directs and implements business development activities, such as customer calls on prospects.
- Maintains and enhances information base on local and national economics, as well as other concerns that would impact the financial institution’s lending activities.
- Provides input to the departmental budget-making process and reviews adequacy of departmental services, staff services and materials
- Makes recommendations to management on product improvements or changes.
- Employee adheres to all regulatory policies such as BSA, CIP, IT, etc.